Followers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Guide

I got this in a forward, and thought it was cute. It reminds myself of me and Abby. She is doing much better running around, but still cannot walk on slippery surfaces as her right side legs are not 100%. And the stairs are scary because her front leg does not quite work. she just waits for me at the top of the stairs to pick her up. It is sad, but I am happy to be her guide, and it makes me feel good to know that she waits for me to help her. She knows I am there for her.

The Horses
Just up the road from my home is a field, with two horses in it

From a distance, each horse looks like any other horse. But if you stop your car, or are walking by, you will notice something quite amazing....

Looking into the eyes of one horse will disclose that he is blind. His owner has chosen not to have him put down, but has made a good home for him.


This alone is amazing.

If you stand nearby and listen, you will hear the sound of a bell.
Looking around for the source of the sound, you will see that it comes from the smaller horse in the field.

Attached to the horse's halter is a small bell.

It lets the blind friend know where the other horse is, so he can follow.


As you stand and watch these two friends,
you'll see that the horse with the bell is always checking on the blind horse,
and that the blind horse will listen for the bell and then slowly walk to where the other horse is, trusting that he will not be led astray.


When the horse with the bell returns
to the shelter of the barn each evening,
it stops occasionally and looks back,
making sure that the blind friend isn't too far behind to hear the bell.


Like the owners of these two horses,
God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect
or because we have problems or challenges.

He watches over us and even brings others into our lives
to help us when we are in need.

Sometimes we are the blind horse
being guided by the little ringing bell of those who God places in our lives.

Other times we are the guide horse, helping others to find their way....

Good friends are like that ... you may not always see them, but you know they are always there.

Please listen for my bell and I'll listen for yours.

13 comments:

  1. Tileena, that is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely! It's really made me think. :)

    Glad to hear about Abby. :) One of our dogs, Bob, waits for us to accompany him upstairs (he's a border collie x german shepherd and too big to carry), but in his case it's old age. He barks at the bottom of the stairs until someone comes to walk up with him! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful precious story ... what a reminder it is. Whether we realize it or not, we all have bells that someone is listening for ... this post is a gift, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful story. Barbara pointed me towards it and I'm so glad she did. Thank you for telling us this wonderful tale.
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful and moving story. Isn't God just amazing? He has even given the Animals compassion!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that Abby is doing so well. Maybe I can see her when I come over on Mother's Day. You've been a real mom to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW - what a beautiful story! I am a horse lover and former owner of several. This is precious! Thank you SO much for writing this incredible blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have read that it before and it still touches my heart. God is go good to us and his creatures. So happy Abby is doing well. Bless you for sharing that incredible story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it. Glad Abby is doing better.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely unbelievable story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy oh boy, thank you all for the nice comments. I am glad this story touched you as it touched me. It does really make you think, and realize how animals are living things just like us. We DO all have bells:)

    Thanks Guys!!

    You are my inspiration to slow down my busy life outside of the blog world to post more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Read an interesting blog. Please take a look at photos Teuvo blog and leave there kommebntti www.ttvehkalahti.blogspot.com: Thank you Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete