Followers

Thursday, January 1, 2009


Pig Popularity Growing Among Nez Perce Reservation Youth from Reznet on Vimeo.

This was the second video I produced for Reznetnews.org, which is a Native American news site based out of Montana.

about five years ago I was a member of the Future Farmers of America organization while attending Lapwai High School. Back in my FFA days we only have about five members, and all of them were my cousins. This is because I come from a large farm family.

This year while I was watching my sister show her pig at the Nez Perce County Fair I couldn't I was amazed at the great abundance of Native American FFA members with pigs. This came as a surprise to me and the other fair goers. This is when the light bulb clicked on...I need to do a story on these Native American FFA students.

Each one of the students is an althlete and the fact that they take the time to train and work with their animals is amazing. I can relate to and appreciate all the hard work and time they had to put into these projects, because I did it for nin years. They were great interviewees. Very professional, talkative, and everything they said in the interview touched me tremendously. FFA has taught them so much responsibility, and this show in the video.

Watch it and listen carefully to what the judge says to them.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Tileena, have enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the outstanding work.

    ReplyDelete