Followers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Photo of the Day


A northbound South Lake Union Streetcar travels along Westlake Avenue North, near Denny Way, in Seattle on a rainy evening.

I love the Seattle P-I. They know how to bring in the online readers with a great variety of content. While going through a photo gallery filled with the P-I' favorite pictures of 2008, I ran across this one.

For each photo the photographer tells the secret behind the picture. I thought it might be interesting for some to see how a picture like this is created. I have always loved how photographers play with light. Its like science! The head of the train is in focus. It makes it seem as if the background is flying by rather thn the train. Don't stare too long, it might give you a headache:)

Heres what he says:
DeLong: Through panning and a quarter-second exposure, I photographed the shiny new streetcar as it glided over rain-drenched streets in a recently developed block of South Lake Union at twilight.
(January 18, 2008)
Dan DeLong/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's a cool one. I love photography. I wish I'd taken classes in school--now I'm having to figure things out on my own, and I don't have the patience.

    ReplyDelete